Contact lenses have become a popular alternative to traditional eyeglasses for vision correction. They offer convenience, improved peripheral vision, and the freedom to engage in various activities without the worry of glasses slipping or breaking. With advancements in technology, there are now several types of coloured contact lenses Dubai available to cater to different visual needs and preferences. Below, we will explore the various types of coloured contact lenses Dubai on the market today.
- Soft Contact Lenses: Soft contact lenses are the most common type and are made from a flexible, water-containing plastic material. They conform to the shape of the eye and provide excellent comfort. There are three subcategories within soft contact lenses:
- Daily Disposable Lenses:These lenses are worn once and then discarded. They eliminate the need for cleaning and storing lenses, making them convenient and hygienic.
- Disposable Lenses Replaced on a Monthly or Biweekly Basis: These lenses are replaced on a monthly or biweekly basis, depending on the individual brand and recommendation from your eye care provider.
- Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Contact Lenses: RGP lenses are made from a durable, rigid material that allows oxygen to pass through to the cornea. They provide excellent visual clarity, durability, and resistance to deposit buildup. RGP lenses are known for their ability to correct astigmatism and provide sharper vision compared to soft lenses. However, they may require a longer adaptation period and regular wear to maintain comfort.
- Toric Contact Lenses: Toric affordable contact lensesare specifically designed to correct astigmatism, a condition where the cornea or lens has an irregular shape. These lenses have different powers in different meridians of the lens, which allows them to correct astigmatism and provide clear vision. Toric lenses are available in both soft and rigid gas-permeable materials.
- Multifocal Contact Lenses: Multifocal affordable contact lensesare designed to correct presbyopia, a condition that affects near vision as people age. They have different zones that correct for distance, intermediate, and near vision, allowing wearers to see clearly at different distances without the need for reading glasses. Multifocal lenses are available in both soft and rigid gas-permeable materials.
- Scleral Contact Lenses: Scleral lenses are larger in diameter compared to other contact lenses and vault over the entire cornea. They rest on the white part of the eye, known as the sclera, providing excellent comfort and stability. Scleral lenses are often used to correct complex vision problems, including keratoconus, irregular corneas, and severe dry eye syndrome.
- Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) Lenses: Ortho-K lenses are specially designed to reshape the cornea overnight, providing temporary vision correction during the day. They are worn during sleep and gently reshape the cornea, allowing for clear vision without the need for glasses or lenses during waking hours. Ortho-K lenses are primarily used to correct myopia (near sightedness) and provide an alternative to LASIK surgery.
When considering power contact lenses price, it is important to consult with an eye care professional who can assess your specific needs and recommend the most suitable type of contact lenses for you. Factors such as your prescription, lifestyle, eye health, and personal preferences will all play a role in determining the right power contact lenses price.It's worth noting that contact lenses require proper care and maintenance to ensure eye health and optimal vision. This includes regular cleaning, disinfecting, and storage as per the manufacturer's instructions or your eye care professional's recommendations.